sreda, 29. avgust 2007

Home sweet home

Although I had a blast in America, it's nice to be back :) It's nice to see my family and friends :)

But I think there are few days of my staying in America that are missing on the blog :) I wrote about my last day in LA :) I got a fancy dinner in a Japanese restaurant that evening :) I met this girl and she bought me a $60 dinner :) And it was delicious :)

And I went to the LAX airport next morning :) And when I came there my flight was delayed for an hour and a half because the plane itself broke down or something and we had to wait for another jet to arrive :) So after a long wait we finaly boarded the plane and flown to Chicago where I had to take another flight to NY :) But because the flight from LA was delayed I missed my flight in Chicago :) And I had to wait for another 2 hours to catch a next flight :) The worst thing about it was that Taja was waiting for me at the JFK airport in NY :) She got there at 4 pm but my flight was scheduled to arrive at JFK at 11.15 pm :) So she had to wait for 7 hours :) And when I finaly got there we were both so tired... and we took a cab to our hotel which was actualy in New Jersey and not in New York but it was just a few miles away from Manhattan :) So practically we were in New York :) But the hotel itself was the cheapest one I could find on the internet and it was terrible :) One bathroom per floor, smelly rooms and other stuff :) But it turned out to be OK :)

And the next day we slept till 2 pm :) We were exhausted :) And after we woke up we went to Pizza Hut to grab something to eat :) Then we took a bus ride to Manhattan and it only took us around 10 minutes to get there :) And we took a walk to Times Square :) It's not what I imagined it to be :) I thought it would be much bigger :) But it was still nice to see it :) And then we walked around and went into the shops and restaurants :) It was fun :) And after we were done with our little tour we met with a friend of ours from Slovenia :) He took us to a bar and we got drunk :) It's kinda interesting to be drunk in NY :) So we got back to our hotel at around 6 in the morning :) But we wanted to get up early that day because it was sunday and we wanted to see all of the main sight in Manhattan :) But we slept till 1 pm and then we took a bus to Manhattan :)

And when we got there we took a subway to south part of Manhattan :) And then we went to see the Lady Liberty (that is the statue of liberty) :) We took some crazy pictures there :) Then we decided to walk all the way to Times Square which would take us a few hours to get there :) But we wanted to see the China Town and Soho first :) So we started walking along the Broadway :) And soon we got to Ground Zero :) It's where WTC used to be :) There's nothing much to see there actualy :) So e moved on and soon got to China Town :) It's like being in China (I guess) but in a kinda americanised way :) And as we were walking in China Town we saw an entrance to Little Italy which is the same as China Town except it's Italian :) And the streets there remind you of Italy :) And that was fun to see :)

But we were walking for hours then and we kinda got tired so we cheated and took the subway back to Times Square :) And there we went to the movies to se Superbad :) And Superbad turnes out to be supergood :) It's hilarious ;) And when the movie was over it was already late so we went back to our hotel to pack our things and went to bed :)

The next day we went to the JFK airport and waited there for our flight back to Europe :) We had to wait for a few hours because our flight was at 5.45 pm and we got there at 1 :) But it was a nice flight :) So we got back home on tuesday from Vienna at around 11 am :) And our family and friends were waiting for us :) It was so nice to see them again :)

So here I am...in my room :) It feels so strange :) I have to get used to being here I guess :)

And from now on I'll write in Slovene again :)

Kristijan

Ni komentarjev: